Class 10 English Model Activity Task February 2022 Part-2

dream
0

 Class 10 English Model Activity Task February 2022 Part-2

Class 10 English Model Activity Task


Model Activity Task

Class – X

English (Second Language)

Full Marks : 20

Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:

Three adult elephants were electrocuted at Binpur in Jhargram when one of them came in contact with a wire carrying 11,000 KV of power and the other two tried to rescue her. The elephants were crossing a paddy field at around 1.30 am on Wednesday, when the accident took place. Sources said the elephants - two females and a male - were part of a herd of thirty that had been roaming the forests of West Midnapur and Jhargram for the past few weeks. Late on Tuesday night, the elephants had been chased by villagers to prevent the herd from entering Mohanpur village. After being chased away the herd entered Binpur. First, an adult female elephants head touched the wire. The two other elephants touched her in an attempt to help her out. A villager, named Sambhu Mahato, said residents of Binpur had contacted local office of the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd, but got no response.

Activity 1

Choose the correct alternative to complete the following sentences: [1x3=3]

(i) The number of elephants that died were

(a) thirty

(b) three

(c) four

(d) thirteen

Ans:- (b) three



(i) The place Binpur is in

(a) West Midnapur

(b) Mohanpur

(c) Jhargram

(d) Kolkata

Ans:- (c) Jhargram



(iii) The wire carried a power of

(a) 10,000 KV

(b) 1,000 KV

(c) 11,000KV

(d) 13,000 KV

Ans:- (c) 11,000KV

Activity 2

Each of the following sentences is either ‘True' or 'False'. Write ‘T'for “True' and 'F' for 'False' in the right hand side. Also pick out suitable line from the text in support of your answer: [(1+1)x 2=4]

(1) There were thirty-three elephants in the herd.-  F

Supporting Sentence: The elephants two females and a male were part of a herd of thirty.


(ii) The residents of Mohanpur contacted local office of the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution

Company Ltd. -  F

Supporting Sentence: Residence of binpur had contacted local office of the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.



Activity 3

Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles and prepositions: [1x3 =3]

(1) I was sitting     on     a bench in a park. I heard     a       loud cry. So, I ran     towords      that direction.

Activity 4

Write a paragraph within 100 words on ‘Myself'.

Use the following points: [introduction - qualities you like in yourself-qualities you want to improve – conclusion]

Ans:- I am a girl. My name is Sahil Khan. My father gave me this name. All the members of our family are well educated. I live in  Baliadanga, which is located in the state of West Bengal. It is a beautiful city. My mother is a housewife and my father is a serviceman. My parents are very kind. I have a brother and a sister. My sister is younger  than me by 5 Years but my sister sima is older than me.  Sohel khan are my cousin's brothers and sisters.  I go to school by auto. It is about 3 km away from my house. My brother and sister also study in the same school.  The school name is ‘ Hazi Omar Ali Smriti  Vidyalaya’.  I am good at studies. I learn many things in school. We also play a game in our field.  I have many friends but Sumona is my best friend. She is my class fellow and she is pretty and intelligent.  Sometimes she  comes to my house. I also visit her house on holidays. Her mother is a teacher and her father is a doctor.  When I grow up I want to become a  doctor. This is my first and last wish to  treat  the  patient.

 

 

Class 10 All Subject Answers Links

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

0 মন্তব্যসমূহ
একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন (0)
To Top